In liu of my epic post please enjoy this:
"Y la verdad es que me siento solo pues nunca te podre olvidar/Y la verdad es que me siento libre aunque las noches sean de soledad/Y la verdad es que te llevo adentro pues ocupaste tu lugar/Y por tu bien espero que no vuelvas pues la vas a pasar muy mal."
-- Decir Adios by Amen (from Lima, Perú)*
I had wanted to include this song in my favourites from my Sad Bastard playlist but I couldn't find it online (turns out I had the title wrong in my iTunes which clearly only adds to my level of I'LLNEVERLEARNSPANISH panic). It was one of the first Spanish songs Jose ever played for me and it remains the saddest. I don't think I'll ever forget what it felt like to listen to his voice translate the lyrics for me as the song played on a loop in the background and I sat on the edge of his bed staring at him, smelling him, melting into a virtual puddle of semi-pathetic-woman-obsessed-with-Latin-man goo. Did I mention things we're a little rocky in the beginning. Um... yeah. Enjoy.
* The title, in English, is Saying Goodbye and the lyrics (translated roughly by me with the jist of the meaning given more weight then a word-for-word translation) are "And the truth is I never feel alone because I can't forget you/And the truth is that I feel free but the nights are lonely/And the truth is I carry you inside but someone will take your place/And I hope that it is not you because you are bad for me."
He uses the same song always... no just with you...
ReplyDeleteHe didn't "use" the song with me... just player it when we were friends and getting to know each other. Who is this? I have a serious hate on for anon comments.
ReplyDeleteI mean, same ways .. strategies ... he is the wooing one ... HE IS ... always the same one, the same songs, same stories ... I´m sorry but I found him here and I must to give you my opinion, I think each one has its fairy story... he is the same always! enjoy your time..
ReplyDeleteListen, obviously you're someone who has been hurt by JM in the past. I think you're misunderstanding this post completely. 'Decir Adios' is a beautiful song that I happened to find out about from JM. I know who he is... good and bad... and for now the most important thing is that he is a wonderful father to our daughter. That's all that matters. If you have anything further to say at least have the guts to leave your name and email and I'd be happy to talk to you about any of your "opinions".
ReplyDeleteOn the contrary!... but maybe "later" the histories become similar ... because of it I say: enjoy your time ...
ReplyDeleteah... one more thing, I understand perfectly what you say and to what you refer, I just remembered this song and think that you must enjoy as all... NO MORE and everything you say is true ... don´t worry... becasuse with him always you can spend a very good time ... as I said: he is a gentleman of fairy-tales ... bye
ReplyDelete